- Analyzes, develops, and recommends sound plans, programs and procedures, in the areas of classification, compensation, employee recognition and others matters related to employee relations and equity.
- Leads the classification process and acts as the chair and facilitator to various classification committees. Prepares recommendations to the Executive committee including committee evaluations and provisional evaluations of newly created positions, determines the job group of all positions and advises on Classification issue including those with implications to Labour Relations.
- Acts as a resource to management personnel in the areas of job design, organizational structures and work load distribution.
- Leads the design and implementation of improvements to HR programs and systems particularly as it relates to compensation, shifts in external labour markets, pay equity, legislative changes. • Oversees the administration of compensation programs;
- Maintains liaison with external agents (government, associations, resources, etc) such as HRDC and CHRC; ensures appropriate documentation is maintained and submitted as required by law.
- Ensures compensation information and knowledge is current and appropriate to the business needs of the Corporation through participation in various salary, wage and benefit surveys, publications, training or other means of sharing/networking; determine the optimal application of this new information or trends for the Corporation and proposes implementation to various stakeholders.
- Provides assistance to the Regions and Head Office senior management on confidential compensation issues.
- Establishes measure to ensure consistency in various HR practices as it relates to classification, compensation, job descriptions, job profiles including demand analysis and specifications, organizational structure as well as various related issues to above
• Develops the appropriate communication plans and literature as it relates to classification, compensation practices and HR programs.
• Provides direction relating to incorrect compensation payments, entitlement to rates, and resolution of labour relations issues regarding classification and compensation.
- Determine the need for and the framework required to research and prepares analysis on statistical data: i.e. benchmarking best practices, costing model, collecting bargaining and general HR practices or programs.
- Works with a team of HR professionals on various HR issues and responds to the needs within the Corporation within or outside of his/her specialty.
Offerd Salary$2,000 - $4,000
Experience5 Years +